Beyond Shelter, Inc. (BSI) is a mission driven North Dakota nonprofit developer of affordable housing, a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) and has a 7-member board of directors. Beyond Shelter, Inc. has been helping communities meet their affordable housing needs for over 20 years; whether that be senior housing, permanent supportive housing, family housing, new construction, rehabilitation, preservation, and/or downtown revitalization.
What Beyond Shelter Brings to the Table
Experience - BSI has a 20-year proven track record in developing affordable housing projects including structuring, coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the construction, debt financing, equity syndication involving Low Income Housing Tax Credits, leasing, etc. Since its inception in May 1999, BSI has secured the financing and investment of approximately $184,000,000 to support 40 affordable housing projects producing 1,146 affordable homes. BSI has been able to share its experience and talent by serving as developer/co-developer for projects in Bismarck, Burlington, Dickinson, Fargo, Grand Forks, Minot, and West Fargo, ND, Aberdeen, SD, and Moorhead, MN.
Typical funding sources include:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- HOME Funds
- Commmunity Development Block Grants (CDBG)
- Affordable Housing Program Funds (AHP)
- ND Housing Incentive Funds (HIF)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program Funds (NSP)
- ND Law Enforcement Housing Pilot Program Funds (LEPP)
- Foundation Grants
We look forward to working and partnering with you to help to meet current needs.
"Improving lives and creating communities by developing and sustaining housing for those most in need."
- Deliver quality affordable housing and development services.
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with a wide array of stakeholders essential to fulfilling the organization’s mission.
- Conduct business with integrity.
- Pursue excellence by challenging ourselves to do better than we did yesterday, and seek partners who share this value.
- Embrace a team approach to organizational development and problem solving.